CHCS employees are the heart of The Center. We care about you and your family, and strive to recruit and retain talented professionals. One of the ways we accomplish this is by providing our team members an attractive benefits package. The Center is pleased to offer competitive medical, dental and vision plans to our valued employees, but these are just some of the perks our employees enjoy.
Full time employees are eligible to enroll first of the month following 30 days of employment. Medical, Dental and Vision premiums are payroll deducted pre-tax, saving employee income taxes.
- Medical Plan – Administered through Aetna – 2 plan options: (1) Aetna Baptist Health Gold Preferred (HMO) (2) Aetna Silver Expanded (PPO)
- Plan type: (TX) Aetna Whole Health℠ – Baptist Health System & HealthTexas Medical Group (i.e. Gold Plan / Best Value) or Aetna Open Access Plans- Aetna Choice POS II (i.e. Silver Plan / Buy Up).
- Dental Plan – Administered through MetLife – 3 plan options. www.metlife.com/vision
- Vision Plan –Administered through MetLife – 2 plan options. www.metlife.com/vision
- Short Term Disability Plan – (Base Plan) – Benefit begins after 30 consecutive days of total disability or (Buy-Up Plan) – Benefit begins after 7 consecutive days of total disability
- Supplemental Term Life & AD&D Insurance – Employee may purchase additional coverage for self, as well as coverage for spouse and children.
- Flexible Spending Account Services – Flex spending accounts available for pre-tax reimbursement of healthcare and dependent care expenses.
At no cost to all full-time employees: First of the month following 30 days of employment, employees are automatically enrolled in:
- Basic Term Life and AD&D insurance of 1x annual salary of $300,000
- Short Term Disability (STD) – (Base Plan) Benefit begins after 30 consecutive days of total disability
- Long Term Disability (LTD) – Benefit begins after 90 consecutive days of total disability
ALL employees: From date of hire, employees can enroll to participate in:
- 457 (B) Retirement Plan – Employee contribution matched up to 3% of annual salary
After one year of employment, ALL employees are automatically enrolled first of next calendar quarter in:
- 401 (A) Retirement Plan – Center contributes 5% of employee salary to retirement plan
Full-time employees may receive reimbursement for regular participation at a gym or exercise facility or program:
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement – If you purchase a membership to a gym or other regular exercise facility or program, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement of $25 per month toward your membership fees
Full-time employees may receive reimbursement for professional licenses/certifications:
- Professional License / Certification Reimbursement – Reimbursement annual maximum of $400 per fiscal year with valid substantiating documentation. Reimbursement for exam and credential/license.
Full-time Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants receive the following additional benefits:
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) – $1,500 reimbursement for Continuing medical education, 3 additional days off for attendance for CME courses/exams
- Professional Licenses Fees – 100% reimbursement for license fees
- Malpractice Insurance covered in full by the Center
Full-time employees may participate in Humana Vitality:
- Humana Vitality Wellness Program – Humana Vitality tracks healthy behaviors, aggregates them, makes suggestions and records each behavior to motivate change by giving each member their own personal pathway. Earn Vitality Points to earn great merchandise and discounts.
Full time employees begin accruing paid time off upon hire:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – Upon hire all full time employees begin accruing 4.93 hours of PTO per pay period to be used for vacation/sick/personal time. There is no waiting period to use.
- Holidays – CHCS observes 9 paid holidays. In these instances, CHCS closes most operations for the day with the exception of our 24/7 operations. In addition, full time employees receive 3 floating holidays each calendar year. There is no waiting period to use.
At no cost to ALL employees regardless of employment status: Automatically enrolled from date of hire:
- Employee Assistance Program – Access to professional resources for dealing with challenges of life, family, money, legal and work.
ALL CHCS employees can receive a variety of discounts just for working at CHCS:
- Movie Tickets
- Cell Phone Discounts – Verizon, AT&T and Sprint
- Enterprise Rent A Car Discounts
- Oil Change Credit – Employees who log 3,500 miles of business travel in their personal vehicle in the mileage system will automatically get a $30 credit on their paycheck to offset the cost of regular maintenance, such as oil changes.
If you are looking for a career where you are inspired and empowered, The Center for Health Care Services is the place for you! Create your own path to success here!
Benefits Open Enrollment Guide