The CHCS Human Resources department recruits skilled and knowledgeable organizational team members, assesses and coordinates ongoing training for all staff, and actively contributes to a professional and friendly customer-service based environment that serves all employees and dependents as needed while also upholding CHCS’s Core Values.
Adult Behavioral Health Services
People affected by mental illness often feel helpless against the disorder. The Center’s therapists and case managers know that life can get better – they see it in their practices every day. Physical disease can sometimes contribute to mental illness, and psychiatric stresses can amplify physical illness. The Center’s ABH clinics are networked with healthcare institutions, and we work with primary care providers to strike the right balance between medical and psychological therapy. Once a client faces the problem and learns how to manage it, he or she is able to develop successful life strategies to gain independence and productivity.
The Center’s ABH division provides comprehensive mental health services, including psychiatric care, psychosocial rehabilitation and case management. In addition to outpatient services, ABH also manages forensic services for people mandated by court order to receive mental health services.
- Outpatient Assessment and Therapy
- High Utilizer/Integrated Care Program
- Assertive Community Treatment
- Money Follows the Person
- Mental Health Employment Connections
- Drug & Mental Health Court
- Genesis Program (TCOOMMI)
- Community Reintegration
Children’s Behavioral Health Services
By working with schools, parents and others involved in children’s lives, we can identify and treat behavioral health disorders early. By addressing problems, we can help a child learn how to manage his or her illness, prevent costly crises and enable the child to get on track with peers, achieve academic success and lead a productive, independent life.
- Outpatient Services Intake and Eligibility
- Children’s Crisis Services
- Crisis-Respite Residential Center
- Adolescent Substance Abuse Services
- Bexar CARES Behavioral Health Program
- Early Childhood Intervention Services, Dual Diagnosis Clinic and Expanded Services
- Healing Hearts Treatment Foster Care
- System of Care Bexar CARES
- TCOOMMI – Texas Correctional Office on Offenders with Medical or Mental Impairment
- YES Waiver Program
Caught in the grip of addictive substances, often combined with mental illness, people can lose all hope. The Restoration Center manages crisis and helps people regain sobriety to live a life of productive independence. The CenterCare Clinic, located at the Restoration Center, provides integrated physical and mental health assessment and treatment programs.
- Crisis Care Center
- Crisis Observation Unit
- Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT)
- CenterCare Clinic; Public Sobering Unit
- Residential Detoxification Program
- Ambulatory Detoxification Program
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
- Minor Medical Clinic; Opioid Addiction Treatment Services (OATS)
- Monarch Project
- Mommies Specialized Female Outpatient Substance Abuse Program
- Co-Occurring Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Disorders (COPSD) Treatment
- In-House Recovery Program (IHRP)
- HIV Prevention, Intervention & Outreach Programs
Community and Transformational Services
The causes of homelessness are diverse and can feel overpowering. The Center offers a portal to change – psychological, medical and social assistance that leads to secure shelter, productivity and independence. Whether someone needs a safe place to spend the night, or a path to transformation, CHCS provides a way.
- The Courtyard at Haven for Hope
- The Integrated Wellness Clinic
- The Welcome Center
- In-House Recovery Program (IHRP)
- In-House Wellness Program (IHWP)
- PATH – Project for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness
- Shelter Plus Care Program
- Homeless Set Aside Voucher Program
- DSHS Supportive Housing Program
- Veteran Services
Long Term Care Services
The Center’s Long Term Care division provides assistance for people affected by intellectual or developmental disabilities. We help our clients expand their mobility, communication, social and job readiness skills. We provide supported employment training, placement and assistance. We also provide respite for caregivers.
- Home and Community Based Services (HCS)
- Respite Services
- Day Activity and Habilitation Services (DAHS)
- Employment Connections
- Texas Home Living Waiver Program (TxHLW)
- Calidad Day Habilitation
To keep business operating at maximum capacity, Central Administration is responsible for providing systematic support to every division within the organization, and is comprised of the following departments:
Office of the president/CEO and Board of Trustees, Human Resources, Finance, Medical Services, External Relations, Information Technology, Compliance and Regulatory Services, Business and Process Improvement, and Business Development.